Is this for real?

Monday, January 19, 2015

That is exactly what I asked myself on Friday afternoon.

You see Everly was overdosed 10x the amount of a new medicine. The pharmacy wrote the label with "6 ml" instead of the prescribed "0.6 ml" for Everly. Big difference!

The cardio's office told us to get her to the ER via ambulance right away. All sorts of hysteria and panic set in with me as I thought this mistake could take her.

After she had come so far.

Once in the ER, it was obvious the overdosage amount would need to be monitored longer than an ER visit and inpatient would be required.

Another bombshell.

Back to the hospital. I'll be honest and tell you that I didn't accept the news too well. I told the doctor that we wouldn't be admitted that we would be treated in the ER and then we would go home. I believe my absolute shock and disbelief had taken over my normal sensibilities. Luckily, they came back quickly and I was able to accept the need for Everly to stay (hopefully) just one night.

Everly had a rather rough night...restless, uncomfortable, not sleeping until 3:30 a.m. Then off and on throughout the night she was up and restless. Desats, crying and the like.

However, in the morning, it seemed that all the medicine had gone through her body. So, we were discharged around noon to head home. Again.

This was one of those "I can't believe this is happening" moments. I mean, really, how often has this type of situation happened to you? Never to us AND to our fragile baby who just spent the better part of two months in the hospital. I had to pinch myself. Just truly mind-boggling.

Even in this time, I must trust in God and trust in His care for Everly. I know He loves her infinitely more than I could ever and in that I have faith.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support for Everly and our family!

With love and appreciation,


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!