Everly's Angels Foundation, Inc. Part 1

Friday, July 17, 2015







 PART 1

It was soon after Everly’s Celebration of Life in February that the thought of doing something in her memory was placed on my heart.  I didn’t want Everly’s legacy to end with her last breath and I was sure my family didn’t either.  Not knowing the purpose or the name even, a seed was planted that quickly took root.
 
 



Not too long after, I shared with my friend Jen about the ideas that had been formulating.  As is normal for someone grieving, my thoughts were scattered, disjointed.  But several common themes kept recurring as I continued to ponder the possibilities.  I knew that we all wanted her spirit to be kept alive, knew that the culmination of all our experiences with her needed to mean something, knew we wanted to make life better for others walking the same tortuous path.  


  





                                                                                                
After hearing my thoughts, as jumbled as they were at the time, Jen suggested the name Everly’s Angels.  I knew instantly that was IT!  It fit.  It worked.  It said everything I needed it to say.



 There indeed needed to be a team of angels born out of the ashes of our precious baby girl who would continue to teach people about Trisomy 18, who would help our fellow special needs families, who would minister to those parents who receive lethal diagnoses for their babies and to provide comfort for parents who say goodbye to their child. 

And in that moment Everly’s Angels Foundation was born.

From there, it was time to make it happen.

Through a series of God-orchestrated events, we met the right people at the right time who helped us get from point A to point B. 

And, I’m happy to share with you that…

Everly’s Angels Foundation, Inc. is an official 501 (c) (3) federally registered non-profit public.  We were a registered non-profit as of May 8, 2015, three and a half months after she passed.
So thrilled to see this in PRINT and know what Everly's Angels will do in the future to make lives of others better. 

 
 
This was the FINAL step and am so excited that it's a REALITY! 
 
 
 
I think Everly would be proud.

I love how God’s hand has been in our work from the beginning, from introducing me to the people I needed to meet to helping “see” what Everly’s legacy would be on this earth. 

There have been days, and I know there will be more to come, when it’s difficult to see the forest through the trees. 

Not with the foundation, but with grief…missing Everly, trying to move forward and all that comes when you no longer have your child.

Everly’s Angels Foundation has given me a way to redirect our my continued pain, my love for my daughter and a way to use her life touch others.

This is my way of spending time with her.

It’s focused time remembering her life, what we learned from it and just magnifying the very essence of who she was and is. 

Our Everly.

She will always exist to us but now she can continue to live on through those who fulfill her mission here on earth. 

Through Everly’s Angels.
There’s a quote on the back of our Team Everly’s shirts and it reads:

                         Loved you yesterday, love you still

                                  Always have, always will.
 
 

I love it more now than even when I first saw it on her shirt because I see…I know…our work with the foundation is a tangible extension of the deep love I have for her.  The deep love we all have for her.

For what her very life meant.

For the legacy Everly leaves.

For the missions Everly’s Angels will fulfill.
 

 

 
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!