Two Weeks...

Monday, February 9, 2015



Yesterday marked two weeks since our hearts were forever changed as Everly went home to be with Jesus.

Our hearts remain broken and the pain raw. We are going day by day.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Nothing better than the sweetness of a newborn :-) She was about 6 weeks old here. This picture was taken on her biggest brother's 15th birthday. She must have been happy to celebrate!

We are so thankful for each and every day that we had with this perfect angel. Her brothers will carry memories with them for the rest of their lives. They have had to face situations, sorrows, sacrifices that most adults do not have to endure. However, with those come great lessons...too numerous to even list...but most importantly, for us, their faith has been stretched. Each, according to their age, is at a different place right now. But one thing is for sure: they loved little Sissy and they know without a shadow of a doubt that she is with Jesus and has been made whole. For that, I am forever thankful.

Last night as I read a bedtime story to our youngest, age 8, I began to think of how I missed Everly who used to rest between us nightly as I read. As my voice began to crack, Kendan turned to me and asked if I was going to cry. Not being able to contain the tears for one more minute, they just began to fall. We lay looking at one another and then, in silence, his eyes began to drip with fresh tears. He wiped my tears while I wiped his. What compassion he has learned. What a wonderful friend and husband he will make because of his EverBaby!

I praise Him for the opportunity we have all had to become better people because of Everly Marie...a tiny 13 pound baby who lived for 11 months and 6 days.

Lamentations 3:22-26

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord



I pray that we will continue to see the good, continue to keep her memory alive, continue to see her reach in our lives and in those she touched.

Her life mattered.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!