The Wingbo Story

Monday, September 22, 2014



I have always believed in God’s faithfulness but now in this season, I’m more aware of it now than ever.

In Lamentations 3:23, Jeremiah writes this reminder after Jerusalem was destroyed by the Babylonians:
“Because of the Lord’s great l ovewe are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”

I am so excited to share with you one of many experiences in our journey of His faithfulness.

A few months ago I started researching therapies and items that can assist Everly in her development. So, I stumbled across something called a Wingbo that encourages a baby in the prone position to use muscles that are involved with balance and coordination and for Everly, this gives her an opportunity to put weight on her feet strengthening her legs. It’s a very unique piece.

 
It's here!!

However, it was $250 and even if I could afford it, it was out of stock and honestly, I prefer not to buy new when I canhelp it. (You know all her swimsuits?…most of them were given to us or were bought used.) I searched for this special item for sale used but came up empty.

So, I continued to pray for a way to get this Wingbo for Everly.

Completely out of the blue, I run across a post on FB that a Wingbo had just been donated to a medical supply exchange.

I’m ecstatic and immediately see God’s hand in this!



 
Gentleman from the local packing store disassembling and packaging our special Wingbo. His daughter is special needs and uses one, too.

While trying to apply for this, I see that the equipment is given to families with special needs children at no fee! But in the same instance then I see that it’s first come first serve...local pick up IN Illinois.

We live in Florida.

I continued to pray that there was a way this could happen.

I decided to put a note out on Everly’s FB page just to see if anyone was near that area and might be willing to help us out.



Jerry helping from Helping from Heaven...love the name, right??

A sweet college student named Ally (shout out to her for opening her heart and for her future career with special needs kiddos as a teacher. Yay!!) responded immediately that she would help. She later told me that a friend and her mother who actually live closer offered to pick up and then ship it to us for FREE!

A week later we received the package that Debbie and her daughters, Julia and Vanessa, sent to us. And, boy, were we just thrilled! They included a beautiful card as well with such a perfect sentiment. My mom, husband and therapist were all three at the house when the box arrived so there was lots of excitement as we opened it up! In an email to me, Debbie explained that the gentleman who took the Wingbo apart said that he knew how to take it apart because he had a special needs daughter who also had one and it helped her a lot. How cool is that? I'm thankful to Ally, Debbie, Julia and Vanessa for having a servant's heart. Thank you, ladies!


Sweet Ally and Julie (one of Debbie's daughters)

I am in awe of how God provides. His faithfulness is sure. That doesn’t mean that everything we ask or even pray for is given to us but it does mean that God hears us each and every time we petition Him. Only He knows what is best for us and sometimes we can’t understand why our requests aren’t answered. I, along with many other people, have prayed and continue to pray for Everly’s body to be fully healed. While that hasn’t happened, I don’t doubt God’s faithfulness in my life. But, you see, He does answer us but sometimes not in the way we expect or in the time we think we need it. Even if my prayer had not been answered, I know that God is faithful and that He will bring us through this storm. Keep praying and keep your eyes upward for He is the answer and He is the only thing you truly need.

With love and appreciation,

Crystal

 
Somebody worked so hard that she fell asleep on it!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!