Walk by Faith

Friday, October 10, 2014





I have these quotes saved on my phone and came across them tonight. One is a quote by Corrie ten Boom. If you're not familiar with her, let me briefly tell you. During World War 2, she and her Christian family hid those hunted by the Nazis and Dutch resistance members. They were eventually betrayed and hauled off themselves. They endured unbelievable persecution and some members of the family lost their lives. Corrie survived and spent the rest of her days speaking words of encouragement and showed exemplary strength in her Christian faith. She died at the age of 91 on her birthday. In Jewish tradition, only the very blessed die on their birthday. Amazing story and from her life she has garnered much wisdom. Read more of her story in the book The Hiding Place and/or watch the movie by the same title.

So in knowing a bit about her history and her life, this quote is made even more meaningful to me. I was in middle school living in Germany when I learned of her story. I admit to having the worst memory ever but she was so powerful a Christ-follower that her name was emblazoned in my mind. Rather than being bitter about her and her family's experience, she glorified and uplifted God's name before, during and after her horrific trials.

Today I learned that a close friend has lesions on her brain and will be having surgery immediately to remove them. She is an incredible woman of faith, was right there when Everly was diagnosed and has been my biggest cheerleader for years. Please join me in praying that the tumors are benign, it is not the same cancer as her previous breast cancer and for peace and calmness as she enters this terrifying new season of her life.




I believe more today than I ever have that Corrie's wise words are spot on. We are never promised an easy walk but we are promises the He will walk beside us through all that life brings. He loves us and **somehow** will make it for our good...as difficult as it is to see in the thick of it. I know how hard that is as I'm sure many of you are as well. But He loves us and will bring us through.

Isaiah 55:8

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares The Lord.


With love and appreciation,

Crystal  

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!